The value of the The Platinum Card by American Express makes this the best card you can have in Canada. Don’t be fooled by the annual fee of $699 which make people turn away. Let me break it down so you can understand how the benefits are worth much more than the annual fee:
– 60,000 bonus points is worth $600 travel credit. You apply the points directly to your statement. Value: $600
– $200 each calendar year means you get $200 now and $200 on January 1st. Value: $400
The total value so far is $1000. Ahead of the annual fee. The benefits go on with exclusive lifestyle perks:
– The Centurion Lounge®, Delta Sky Clubs, Plaza Premium and Airspace airport lounge access. If you are unfamiliar with Centurion, it is the name of the American Express Black Card. A card held only by high net worth individuals and celebrities. You have access to the same exclusive lounges as Centurion card holders.
– Upgraded status to Starwood SPG GOLD, Carlson Hotels GOLD ELITE and Hilton HHonors Gold. No need to stay 25 or more nights a year to reach status. You get status for being a cardholder.
– At Toronto’s Pearson International Airport, access to priority security lane, access to Air Canada’s Maple Leaf Lounge and complimentary valet service.
– Access to the world’s most prestigious golf courses, hotels and fine resorts, premium travel insurance, Platinum concierge service and more.
The perks this card offers is invaluable and is the reason why it’s simply called “The” Platinum Card. Keep it for the first year and get your 60,000 bonus points. Cancel the card at anytime.